Welcome To The Borough Of Hatboro
Welcome to the Borough of Hatboro's new website!
Our Borough is online to provide you with 24 hour access to information you need. We hope you enjoy your visit to our website. As always, residents and visitors are welcome to call or visit Borough Hall at anytime during working hours.
Borough Hall is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Please note Borough Hall is closed in observance of the following holidays:
New Year's Day; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; President's Day; Good Friday; Memorial Day; Flag Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Veteran's Day; Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving; and Christmas Day.
A MESSAGE FROM BOROUGH HALL
PRELIMINARY APPROVAL OF 2015 BUDGET
2015 Borough Budget
The Borough's 2015 Operating Budget had its preliminary approval on 11/10/2014 and is available for review here.
Please keep in mind that this is only a preliminary approval and that the actual 2015 budget may vary as revisions are made.
A Message From The Hatboro Police Department
Beware of Telephone Scams
Telephone scams are becoming more common. Recently we have become aware of a scam involving callers claiming to be from the IRS. During this scam, the caller pretends to be from the IRS and tells the victim they owe the IRS money. The caller also often harasses the victim and tells he or she that they can avoid jail time if they pay money.
Please remember that the IRS will NEVER contact those who owe money via telephone and will ALWAYS contact you via mail. If you receive one of these calls, DO NOT provide the caller with any personal information and especially do not transfer them any money.
If you are targeted by this scam, immediately contact the Federal Trade Commission via their "FTC Complaint Assistant" at www.FTC.org and put "IRS Telephone Scam" in the comments of the complaint.
Winter Driving Tips from AAA
- Drowsy driving is extremely dangerous and can harm both you and others on the road. If tired, do not get behind the wheel.
- To prevent drowsy driving, make sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night before you drive
- If going on an extended drive, take breaks to rest even if you are not tired or take turns driving if in a large group.
A MESSAGE FROM MAIN STREET HATBORO
Main Street Hatboro Featured in Montgomery County Newsletter
Once every season, the Montgomery County Planning Commission releases its quarterly newsletter titled "Town Center News" which highlights revitalization and economic development in towns throughout Montgomery County.
For their Fall issue, the MCPC has given Main Street Hatboro the spotlight as it interviews Main Street Manager, Steve Barth, about how to create and maintain a "vibrant and active business community". The newsletter not only applauds Hatboro for its successful Main Street but highlights numerous Hatboro businesses including the Little's John Deere dealership, Nonno's Bakery, and the Crooked Eye Brewery.
The full Hatboro edition of the "Town Center News" newsletter can be found here
RAYMARK SUPERFUND SITE REPORT
Review Report for Raymark Superfund Site
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency finalized their fourth five-year report for the Raymark Superfund Site located in Hatboro in September. The report detailing updated contamination levels and results of all tests conducted can be found here
A MESSAGE FROM THE FIRE MARSHAL
Holiday Fire Safety
- Make sure to water Christmas trees regularly and discard them when they become dry
- Keep trees away from heaters and flames and do not use lights with bare wires or frays.
- Remember to never leave candles unattended.
A MESSAGE FROM PUBLIC WORKS
THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT IS HIRING A SEASONAL LABORER. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE
HATBORO BOROUGH IS AN E.O.E.
FALL WEATHER TIPS
IF YOUR POWER GOES OUT
- Call PECO at 1-800-841-4141
- Use caution when using candles, and always follow manufacturer's specifications if you use a generator.
- Every house should have a corded phone, this way if the power goes out you still have communication.
HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION
- For updated information from the Borough please log in to facebook and like our page titled "Hatboro Emergency Management". You must have a facebook account to see this information.
- Or register for text or email alerts at www.nixle.com
- For emegencies always dial 9-1-1
- For non-emergenicies or other information you can call Borough Hall at 215-443-9100 during business hours, or the Police Department at 215-675-2832 (non-emergency calls only).
- For information on how to shelter in place and what to do during these types of weather events, visit www.fema.gov or the red cross at www.redcross.org
ALWAYS REMEMBER IN TIMES OF RAIN/FLOODS WHEN DRIVING:
IF A ROAD IS CLOSED, PLEASE TURN AROUND - DO NOT DROWN
THE BOROUGH OF HATBORO IS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Do you want to receive news from the Borough of Hatboro Police Department and Emergency Services, please visit www.nixle.com to register to receive alerts, messages and public information from the Borough of Hatboro Emergency Services.
Reminder: Under Pennsylvania law, all dogs must have a license, which is available from the county treasurer or registered agents. Please visit www.montcopa.org for information on dog licensing and fees.
Are you interested in serving your community? The Borough is always looking for volunteers to serve on the various Boards and Commissions. If you are interested please send a letter of interest to Diane Hegele.
Borough Committee will be meeting on Monday, December 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Borough Council will be meeting on Monday, December 15, 2014 at 7:00 PM
The Planning Commission does not have anything in their agenda for the month of December and therefore will not be meeting.
ZONING HEARING BOARD
The Zoning Hearing Board will be meeting on Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM
All meetings are open to the public and the public is encouraged to attend.
Note: Borough Council Minutes are approved at the following Council Meeting (normally the 4th Monday of each month). For questions concerning the approval process for minutes please contact Borough Hall.