Welcome To The Borough Of Hatboro
Welcome to the Borough of Hatboro's new website!
Our Borough is online to provide you with 24 hour access to information you need. We hope you enjoy your visit to our website. As always, residents and visitors are welcome to call or visit Borough Hall at anytime during working hours.
Borough Hall is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Please note Borough Hall is closed in observance of the following holidays:
New Year's Day; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; President's Day; Good Friday; Memorial Day; Flag Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Veteran's Day; Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving; and Christmas Day.
A MESSAGE FROM THE HATBORO POOL
MOVIE NIGHT AT THE HATBORO POOL
The Hatboro Memorial Pool will be hosting a movie night on Sunday, August 24th beginning at 8:00 PM. For more information, please view the event flyer here
A Message From The Hatboro Police Department
INTERESTED IN BEING A POLICE OFFICER?
The Montgomery County Consortium of Communities, on behalf of their respective Civil Service Commissions or Municipalities, will be conducting a written examination for Police Officer on Saturday, September 13, 2014 at Montgomery County Community College. For more information, please click here
For an application, please visit www.montcopolicetest.com
The Hatboro Police Department is looking for a crossing guard for the 2014-2015 school year. For more information or to apply, please contact the Hatboro Police Department at 215-675-2832
A MESSAGE FROM THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
2013 Annual Sustainability Report
The Public Works Department would like to thank all Hatboro residents for recycling last year. To see the positive impact our efforts made on the environment, please click here
THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT IS HIRING A SEASONAL LABORER. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE
HATBORO BOROUGH IS AN E.O.E.
A MESSAGE FROM THE FIRE MARSHAL
Summer is here and so are backyard barbeques with family and friends. Outdoor grilling is a very popular way to cook, but it can be dangerous if the proper precautions are not taken. Here are some tips to keep you and your loved ones safe while cooking on the grill:
- Never leave your grill unattended and make sure to keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill to prevent possible injuries.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it.
- When using propane grills, check the tank and hose for leaks before lighting the grill for the first time every year.
- After using charcoal grills, let the coals cool completely before disposing in a metal container.
- If you smell gas while cooking, immediately get away from the grill and call the fire department.
Please keep these tips in mind while using your grill and have a safe summer!
SUMMER WEATHER TIPS
IF YOUR POWER GOES OUT
- Call PECO at 1-800-841-4141
- Use caution when using candles, if you have use a generator always follow manufacturers specifications
- Every house should have a corded phone, this way if power goes out you still have communication
HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION
- For updated information from the Borough please log in to facebook and like our page titled Hatboro Emergency Management. You must have a facebook account to see this information.
- Or register for text or email alerts at www.nixle.com
- For emegencies always dial 9-1-1
- For non-emergenicies or other information you can call Borough Hall at 215-443-9100 during business hours, or the Police Department at 215-675-2832 (non-emergency calls only).
- For information on how to shelter in place and what to do during these types of weather events, visit www.fema.gov or the red cross at www.redcross.org
ALWAYS REMEMBER IN TIMES OF RAIN/FLOODS WHEN DRIVING IF A ROAD IS CLOSED
PLEASE TURN AROUND - DO NOT DROWN
Hatboro Improvement Projects
The York Road Drainage Improvement project will be taking place during the months of July and August. More information on this project can be found here
The Horsham, Academy and Moreboro Street Improvement project will be taking place during the months of July and August. More information on this project can be found here
THE BOROUGH OF HATBORO IS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Borough is now on Facebook, like our page "Borough of Hatboro" and "Hatboro Emergency Management, follow us on facebook for updates, special notices and emergency information.
Do you want to receive news from the Borough of Hatboro Police Department and Emergency Services, please visit www.nixle.com to register to receive alerts, messages and public information from the Borough of Hatboro Emergency Services.
Reminder: Under Pennsylvania law, all dogs must have a license, which is available from the county treasurer or registered agents. Please visit www.montcopa.org for information on dog licensing and fees.
Are you interested in serving your community? The Borough is always looking for volunteers to serve on the various Boards and Commissions. If you are interested please send a letter of interest to Diane Hegele.
Borough Council will only be meeting one time in August. Committee and Council will meet on Monday, August 18th, 2014 beginning at 7:00 PM. Please mark your calendars for this change of date.
The Planning Commission does not have anything for their agenda in August, therefore they will not be meeting this month.
ZONING HEARING BOARD
The Zoning Hearing Board does not have anything for their agenda in August, therefore they will not be meeting this month.
All meetings are open to the public and the public is encouraged to attend.
Note: Borough Council Minutes are approved at the following Council Meeting (normally the 4th Monday of each month). For questions concerning the approval process for minutes please contact Borough Hall.