Now Hiring Pool Manager
GENERAL DUTIES: Under the administrative direction of the Borough Manager, the Pool Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Hatboro Memorial Pool, as well as all pool programs and activities.
1. Administration and oversight of pool;
2. Supervision of all pool employee;
3. Daily maintenance of the pool facility;
4. Ensuring the safety of pool patrons and employees; and
5. Developing and managing pool programming.
1. Supervises all daily activities, and punctually opens and closes the pool;
2. Maintains a schedule of work hours and assigns staff to ensure adequate staffing. Ensures either the pool manager or assistant manager is on duty anytime the pool is open;
3. Prepares schedules or all personnel and ensure adequate staffing for the entire season;
4. Responsible for ordering supplies for pool, daily financial records, daily deposits of money, supervising employees in stand;
5. Reports any accidents or customer complaints to Borough Manager;
6. Maintain good public relations;
7. Schedules swim lessons;
8. Responsible for opening pool for swim club; and,
9. Keep log of number of patrons per day. File monthly report to Borough Manager with copy to Council Chair for Parks, Recreation and Public Facilities.
1. Supervising employee desks and lifeguards
MAINTENANCE OF FACILITY
1. Supervises daily maintenance of pool. Keeps pool, decks, furniture, restrooms, and dressing rooms in a clean and orderly condition daily. Insure proper supply of soap, toilet paper and paper towels for restroom;
2. Assist in any special events or programs for public; and
3. Compile certifications, child background checks, criminal background checks, and other certifications as directed by the Borough Manager
4. Maintain daily logs, chemical readings, bathing counts, daily fees, guest fees and any other fees paid at the pool.
5. Responsible for timely bank drops and reconciliation of same daily.
1. Insure safety of patrons and employees; and
2. Report any safety problems to Borough Manager.
1. Coordinate and/or schedule any special programs for pool - example: "Teen Pool Night, etc.";
2. Perform any other related work as directed by Borough Manager; and
3. Swim Lessons.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Experience in the management of an aquatics facility
2. Certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR.
3. Lifeguard experience.
4. Strong knowledge of aquatic facility regulations
5. Strong knowledge of pool chemicals and filtration system.
6. The ability to work independently.
7. A professional and patient demeanor.
8. Exceptional communication, record keeping and diplomacy skills.
9. WIS and Certified Pool Operator certification preferred, but not required.
10. Experience in interacting with State and Montgomery County Health Departments.
February Zoning Hearing Board Meeting
February Wawa Zoning Hearing Board Meeting Information
The February 28, 2018 Zoning Hearing Board meeting for the application submitted by Wawa has been postponed. The next scheduled Wawa meeting will take place on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 7 PM in Borough Hall.
A MESSAGE FROM PUBLIC WORKS
Want to Report A Pothole?
For potholes on the following state roads, contact PennDOT:
County Line Road
Jacksonville Road (from Montgomery Ave. to County Line Rd.)
Montgomery Ave. (from York Rd. to Jacksonville Rd.)
Warminster Rd. (from Byberry Rd. to Mill Rd.)
To report a pothole on any of the above state roads, call PennDOT at 1-800-FIX-ROAD or visit https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Internet/web.nsf/contactUsCCC?OpenForm
For all other roads in Hatboro Borough, call Borough Hall at 215-443-9100.
A MESSAGE FROM BOROUGH HALL
|Residents' Association Hatboro Mugs|
Borough Hall is currently sold out of Hatboro Mugs. Stay tuned for information regarding mug availability.
Proceeds from these mugs benefit the Hatboro Residents' Association expenses and 2018 outreach programs geared toward the enrichment of town-based community.
Hatboro 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Help Create The Hatboro 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Hatboro is creating a new Comprehensive Plan (Hatboro2040) and a Parks, Recreation, & Open Space Plan. These plans will have long-range visions and sets of goals for Hatboro, with specific recommendations and strategies to achieve the vision.
Hatboro 2040 will provide a framework for managing places and spaces that make the town unique. It will explore what currently exists in Hatboro and recommend strategies to ensure future growth, development, and investment will make the town an even better place to live, work, and play.
The plan is shaped by you! Your input as interested citizens, business owners, and stakeholders is critical in shaping the vision for the future of Hatboro. By sharing what you love about Hatboro, and what you want to improve, you will help to create a plan that truly reflects what is important to the community. Join the conversation by taking this important survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Hatboro2040. Paper copies of the survey are available at Borough Hall.
We will have a public workshop in early 2018! This is an opportunity for you to provide your thoughts and opinions on the most important areas of the plans. Discussion of Parks, Recreation, and Open Space will be featured, and you will have the opportunity to share your ideas on other topics as well. Stay tuned for an announcement of the day and time of this event.
The Montgomery County Planning Commission is helping us create this plan. If you have questions about the plan, please contact:
The Borough’s past planning efforts include:
The 2005 Open Space and Parks & Recreation Plan
The 2006 Elm Street Plan
WINTER WEATHER TIPS
IF YOUR POWER GOES OUT
- Call PECO's Emergency Line at 1-800-841-4141
- Use caution when using candles, and always follow manufacturer's specifications if you use a generator.
- Every house should have a corded phone, this way if the power goes out you still have communication.
HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION
- For updated information from the Borough, please log on to Facebook and like our page titled "Hatboro Emergency Management". You must have a facebook account to see this information.
- Residents can also register for text or email alerts from the Hatboro Police Department at www.nixle.com
- For emegencies, ALWAYS dial 9-1-1
- For non-emergenicies or other information, you can call Borough Hall at 215-443-9100 during business hours, or the Police Department at 215-675-2832 (non-emergency calls only).
- For information on how to shelter in place and what to do during severe weather events, visit www.fema.gov or the red cross at www.redcross.org
- For information on sheltering for single residents of Montgomery County during "Code Blue", extreme cold weather events, please call the Coordinated Homeless Outreach Center (CHOC) or the Norristown State Hospital Grounds at 610-292-9244.
- For information on sheltering for families in Montgomery County, please contact the Salvation Army in Norristown or Pottstown at 610-275-4183.
ALWAYS REMEMBER IN TIMES OF RAIN/FLOODS WHEN DRIVING:
IF A ROAD IS CLOSED, PLEASE TURN AROUND - DO NOT DROWN
CONNECT WITH THE BOROUGH ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Do you want to receive news from the Borough of Hatboro Police Department and Emergency Services? Please visit www.nixle.com to register to receive alerts, messages and public information from the Borough of Hatboro Emergency Services.
POLICE PRESCRIPTION COLLECTION BOX
Through funding provided by the Montgomery County District Attorney, Kevin Steele and the Pennsylvania District Attorney's Association, the Hatboro Police Department has obtained a secure prescription medication disposal box that is located at the new Police Headquarters in the Second Floor of Borough Hall. Citizens may utilize this disposal container to safely dispose of any expired, unused, or unwanted medications, no questions asked. Please do not place syringes, injectable drugs, aerosol dispensers or liquids containing hydrogen peroxide in the collection bin.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact the Hatboro Police Department at 215-675-2832
Do you want to receive emergency alerts from Montgomery County regarding hazardous weather situations in the Borough? Please visit www.readymontco.org to register to receive alerts, messages, and other information regarding hazards in the Hatboro area.
Reminder: Under Pennsylvania law, all dogs must have a license, which is available from the county treasurer or registered agents. Please visit www.montcopa.org for information on dog licensing and fees.
Montgomery County Rabies Clinics: The Montgomery County Health Department hosts Rabies Clinics for dog, cat, and ferret owners in the county at the rate of $10.00 per rabies shot. For a list of 2016 Rabies Clinic dates, please click here
Have you noticed an error regarding your address, street, or another location within the Borough while using a GPS? These errors can be submitted to various mapping companies including Google Maps, TomTom, Apple Maps, etc. by visiting www.gps.gov
Using this site, residents are able to easily report errors directly to the mapping companies as well as report "No Truck Violations" or postings that may be in effect on the street.
Are you interested in serving your community? The Borough is always looking for volunteers to serve on its various Boards and Commissions.
BOROUGH COMMITTEE MEETING
Borough Committee will be meeting on Monday, February 12, 2018 at 7:00 PM
BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING
Borough Council will be meeting on Monday, February 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM
The Planning Commission meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, February 6, 2018 has been canceled. Please stay tuned for information regarding a rescheduled meeting date.
ZONING HEARING BOARD
The Zoning Hearing Board will be meeting on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 7:00 PM
The Board will be hearing the application submitted by Trisha Kozak, 6 South York Road, Hatboro, in request of a variance to change the zoning from Highway Business (HB) to (RC1) Retail Commercial. The applicant is seeking this variance to allow a clothing boutique at the aforementioned property.
The public is invited to attend. Plans are available at Borough Hall, Monday through Friday during business hours.
WAWA ZONING HEARING BOARD MEETING
The Wawa Zoning Hearing Board Meeting originally scheduled for Wednesday, February 28, 2018 has been postponed. The next scheduled meeting for the Wawa application will take place on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 7 PM in Borough Hall.
Note: Borough Council Minutes are approved at the following Council Meeting (normally the 4th Monday of each month). For questions concerning the approval process for minutes please contact Borough Hall.
Lukens Clock Restoration Committee Donations
The Lukens Clock Restoration Committee is now accepting donations toward a matching grant to Restore and Preserve the Lukens Clock in the tower of The Loller Academy. Donations will be accepted at Borough Hall (The Loller Building), Union Library of Hatborough, and the Millbrook Society P.O. Box 506, Hatboro, PA 19040. Checks should be made out to the Millbrook Society Clock Fund.
Be Prepared in an Emergency
|Resolve to Do 1 Thing||28.5 KB|
AMH Operation Reassurance Program
|Operation Reassurance||152.49 KB|
The public is invited to attend one of our four meetings to provide feedback about the draft Montco 2040 plan - Montgomery County's new comprehensive plan. This important plan sets a future vision for the county and contains goals, a future land use plan, and proposed transportation projects. The plan focuses on three major themes: Connected Communities, Sustainable Places, and Vibrant Economy
TO GET INVOLVED OR FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT www.montcopa.org/2040CompPlan
|2014 Budget||914.59 KB|
FEMA Floodplain Maps
FEMA Floodplain Information
FEMA approved the new Floodplain Maps and Flood Insurance Studies for the Borough of Hatboro on March 2, 2016. Please see below for the latest Maps and information regarding Floodplain areas in the Borough.
For an interactive, satellite map including individual addresses, please click here
MS4 Pollutant Reduction Map
FEMA Preliminary Floodplain Map
Flood Insurance Rate Map Panel 303
Flood Insurance Rate Map Panel 311
Flood Insurance Rate Map Panel 312
Map Index Page 1
Map Index Page 2
FEMA Flood Insurance Study, Volume 1
FEMA Flood Insurance Study, Volume 2
FEMA Flood Insurance Study, Volume 4
FEMA Flood Insurance Study, Volume 6
FEMA Flood Insurance Study, Volume 7