Hatboro 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Help Create The Hatboro 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Hatboro is creating a new Comprehensive Plan (Hatboro2040) and a Parks, Recreation, & Open Space Plan. These plans will have long-range visions and sets of goals for Hatboro, with specific recommendations and strategies to achieve the vision.
Hatboro 2040 will provide a framework for managing places and spaces that make the town unique. It will explore what currently exists in Hatboro and recommend strategies to ensure future growth, development, and investment will make the town an even better place to live, work, and play.
The plan is shaped by you! Your input as interested citizens, business owners, and stakeholders is critical in shaping the vision for the future of Hatboro. By sharing what you love about Hatboro, and what you want to improve, you will help to create a plan that truly reflects what is important to the community. Stay tuned for more information on public workshops and other opportunities to share your ideas regarding the future of Hatboro!
The Borough’s past planning efforts include:
The 2005 Open Space and Parks & Recreation Plan
The 2006 Elm Street Plan (A copy is available in Borough Hall for review)
WINTER WEATHER TIPS
IF YOUR POWER GOES OUT
- Call PECO's Emergency Line at 1-800-841-4141
- Use caution when using candles, and always follow manufacturer's specifications if you use a generator.
- Every house should have a corded phone, this way if the power goes out you still have communication.
HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION
- For updated information from the Borough, please log on to Facebook and like our page titled "Hatboro Emergency Management". You must have a facebook account to see this information.
- Residents can also register for text or email alerts from the Hatboro Police Department at www.nixle.com
- For emegencies, ALWAYS dial 9-1-1
- For non-emergenicies or other information, you can call Borough Hall at 215-443-9100 during business hours, or the Police Department at 215-675-2832 (non-emergency calls only).
- For information on how to shelter in place and what to do during severe weather events, visit www.fema.gov or the red cross at www.redcross.org
- For information on sheltering for single residents of Montgomery County during "Code Blue", extreme cold weather events, please call the Coordinated Homeless Outreach Center (CHOC) or the Norristown State Hospital Grounds at 610-292-9244.
- For information on sheltering for families in Montgomery County, please contact the Salvation Army in Norristown or Pottstown at 610-275-4183.
ALWAYS REMEMBER IN TIMES OF RAIN/FLOODS WHEN DRIVING:
IF A ROAD IS CLOSED, PLEASE TURN AROUND - DO NOT DROWN
CONNECT WITH THE BOROUGH ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Do you want to receive news from the Borough of Hatboro Police Department and Emergency Services? Please visit www.nixle.com to register to receive alerts, messages and public information from the Borough of Hatboro Emergency Services.
POLICE PRESCRIPTION COLLECTION BOX
Through funding provided by the Montgomery County District Attorney, Kevin Steele and the Pennsylvania District Attorney's Association, the Hatboro Police Department has obtained a secure prescription medication disposal box that is located at the new Police Headquarters in the Second Floor of Borough Hall. Citizens may utilize this disposal container to safely dispose of any expired, unused, or unwanted medications, no questions asked. Please do not place syringes, injectable drugs, aerosol dispensers or liquids containing hydrogen peroxide in the collection bin.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact the Hatboro Police Department at 215-675-2832
Do you want to receive emergency alerts from Montgomery County regarding hazardous weather situations in the Borough? Please visit www.readymontco.org to register to receive alerts, messages, and other information regarding hazards in the Hatboro area.
Reminder: Under Pennsylvania law, all dogs must have a license, which is available from the county treasurer or registered agents. Please visit www.montcopa.org for information on dog licensing and fees.
Montgomery County Rabies Clinics: The Montgomery County Health Department hosts Rabies Clinics for dog, cat, and ferret owners in the county at the rate of $10.00 per rabies shot. For a list of 2016 Rabies Clinic dates, please click here
Have you noticed an error regarding your address, street, or another location within the Borough while using a GPS? These errors can be submitted to various mapping companies including Google Maps, TomTom, Apple Maps, etc. by visiting www.gps.gov
Using this site, residents are able to easily report errors directly to the mapping companies as well as report "No Truck Violations" or postings that may be in effect on the street.
Are you interested in serving your community? The Borough is always looking for volunteers to serve on its various Boards and Commissions.
BOROUGH COMMITTEE MEETING
Borough Committee will be meeting on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 7:00 PM.
BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING
Borough Council will be meeting on Monday, January 28, 2019 at 7:00 PM.
The Planning Commission will be meeting on Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 7:00 PM in Borough Hall. The Planning Commission will be reviewing a proposed Ordinance Amendment to the HI-MU section of the Zoning Code.
ZONING HEARING BOARD
The Zoning Hearing Board will be meeting on Wednesday, January 9, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Borough Hall to hear findings of fact for the application submitted by RAV Collision (318 Springdale Ave.) as follows:
A determination from the ZHB that the proposed use of the existing nonconforming Automotive and Allied Sales and Services use is permissible; or, in the alternative, a variance from Section 27-1002(1) to permit an Automobile and Allied Sales and Services use within an O-Office District.
Note: Borough Council Minutes are approved at the following Council Meeting (normally the 4th Monday of each month). All meetings, unless otherwise stated, take place in Borough Hall. For questions concerning the approval process for minutes please contact Borough Hall.